Acceptable User Policy
|There are several policies created to ensure fairness to all of the clients that host with Domain199.com .|
1. Pornography, pirated software, mp3 archives, rom archives, cracking/hacking tools, and spamming are not allowed at Domain199.com . Any material of this nature or links to material of this nature will cause the account to be shut without financial refund. These types of sites waste bandwidth and slow down the servers. It is not realistic to allow one site to ruin the speed for all of the sites. Additionally, sites of this nature often place web hosts at legal risk, and therefore cannot be allowed.
2. Domain199.com reserves the right to close any web site that is using an unreasonable amount of bandwidth or server CPU time. This policy protects other web sites located within the same web server farm from becoming bogged down by the abusively high traffic site.
3. Clients that tax the machine down with malfunctioning pages or cgi scripts will lose their right to have dynamic pages (such as ASP, HTML, and Cold Fusion. and cgi scripts. Everybody writes a code that locks up from time to time, but Domain199.com will not allow one client's scripts to ruin uptime or performance for the rest of the clients. Keep this policy in mind when uploading cgi scripts or dynamic pages, since you assume full responsibility for every file that you upload. If your cgi or other dynamic content is causing a noticeable performance bottleneck, your account will be disabled.
4. Failure to pay on time will result in the loss of the account. Domain199.com wants to give premier support to paying customers. Therefore, Domain199.com cannot waste time supporting those who do not pay.
5. Accounts created in the middle of the month get the rest of the month for free. For example, an account created on January 15 will not owe money for January. This policy makes sure you get your money's worth.
6. Websites that contain material that is intentionally offensive to racial minorities are not permitted. Sites that are found to contain such offensive content will be closed.
7. If you send Spam, your account will be closed. If a client you host in your account sends Spam, your client's site will be immediately and permanently closed. If extreme cases, your account may also be closed. We do not and will not tolerate Spam. It is your responsibility to make sure your clients realize that Spam is not and will not be tolerated. Spam is a waste of our network and system resources, and we are completely intolerant of anybody who sends or attempts to send Spam.
8. We reserve the right to charge US$100 per spam message that is sent or attempted to be sent to or through any our servers. If a spammer is putting uptime or performance at risk by flogging the email services with spam, we have every legal right to receive payment from the spam sender or the company represented within the spam to cover the cost of the services rendered. This policy applies equally to Domain199.com customers and non-Domain199.com customers.
9. Domain199.com reserves the right to block incoming email from any remote SMTP relay at any time for any reason. If a remote SMTP relay is misconfigured, spammers will often exploit the remote relay to send thousands (sometimes millions. of spasm. If a spammer is abusing a remote SMTP relay to mail bomb domains at Domain199.com , Domain199.com will immediately block the IP of the SMTP relay that the spammer is abusing. Domain199.com also subscribes to multiple RBLs (real-time blocking lists. to automatically block known open SMTP relays and known spamming relays. While this policy dramatically reduces the amount of spam sent to Domain199.com , this may inadvertently block some legitimate email.
10. Domain199.com cannot and will not be held liable for any problem incurred while hosting with Domain199.com . By hosting with Domain199.com , you assume any and all risk for possible downtime and other server/connection related problems. If you are not willing to assume this risk, you should not host with Domain199.com . While Domain199.com makes every possible attempt to maintain the highest possible level of uptime, Domain199.com will not under any circumstances make any expressed or implied guarantee for any specific level of uptime.
11. If you sell hosting services to other customers using your Domain199.com account, it is your responsibility to support those customers. Your customers must contact you for support issues.
12. In the event of a price or policy change, all customers (new and old. are subject to the price or policy change. These changes may occur at any time without any notice from Domain199.com . Domain199.com customers should check the Domain199.com website periodically to check for changes to pricing or policy.
13. Pricing and policies are subject to change at any time. Our policies are non-negotiable.
14. Do anything illegal or anything that adversely affects Domain199.com 's legal interests. The following list is non-exclusive, and should not be considered license to commit other illegal activities not specified below. All illegal activity is prohibited, and Domain199.com will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials and/or agencies investigating and/or prosecuting such activities
A guide to legal resources on the Internet is located at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/law/ Please consult an attorney if you are unsure of the legal status of your activities.
15. Do anything that threatens the integrity of Domain199.com 's network or the utilization thereof by other persons.
16. Spam -- no customer shall send unsolicited commercial email, unsolicited mass mailings, spam or flood use net newsgroups, or anything of that sort. If you have questions about what is allowed and what is not, please refer to http://spam.abuse.net.
Domain199.com reserves the right to terminate or interrupt any account in part or in full without refund for violation of these Terms of Service. In all but the most extreme or serious cases, good faith attempts will be made to resolve an issue without interruption of service. In cases where service has been terminated or interrupted, resolution will be handled on an individual case basis, at Domain199.com 's sole discretion.